White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Trifle
With all the flavors of our favorite, the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie, this layered treat is sure to please anyone and everyone. White cake with a hint of almond, white chocolate pudding, whipped cream, and toasted macadamia nuts all meld together for one delicious flavor! Oh, and of course the coconut lover in me added a hint of toasted coconut flakes to each layer.... for good measure. ;)
- 1 box white cake mix (I prefer Duncan Hines)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/4 c water
- 1/4 c unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 small boxes instant white chocolate pudding
- 4 c cold milk
- 1 tub cool whip (Yes, I got lazy. Feel free to make the good stuff from scratch!)
- 1/2 c toasted, chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 c toasted coconut flakes (optional)
- Mix the cake according to packaged directions using dry cake mix, egg whites, water, applesauce, and both extracts. Spread into prepared baking pan and bake according to directions on box. Once cake has finished baking, set on cooling rack and allow to cool completely before cutting into cubes.
- While cake is baking, combine pudding mix with 4 c milk and whisk for 2 minutes. Allow to set for 5 minutes or until firm. Lightly fold half the cool whip into pudding mixture until combine; set aside.
- Take a trifle dish or glass bowl and begin layering ingredients, starting with a layer of cake. Next add an even layer of pudding, followed by a few tablespoons each of macadamia nuts and coconut. Continue layering in this order until dish is full. Finish with a top layer of cool whip and garnish with macadamia nuts and coconut.
- Chill for at least an hour before eating, but preferably longer. Dig in and enjoy!
I know I'm probably going to become known for infinitely loooooong posts because I like to cram as much into one writing session as possible. Hey, I'm a mom! That's the way life goes. Hopefully you haven't become bored with me yet and have stuck around for my favorite part of this post, which is of course an array of pictures from Emma's 28 week photo shoot this morning! You're probably starting to notice a pattern, which is that we have a special spot for her weekly photos--the adorable Winnie the Pooh chair tucked under the windows in her room. I hope to be capturing her little memories there for a long time to come! She won't have a problem posing for pictures in that chair when she's eighteen, right? ;)
YAY for spring weather, baby girl sundresses and cutesie wootsie sunglasses!