I came up with this easy little pattern last year and came back to it again recently, tweaking it to be even prettier (and easier) than before. It's no secret I love to share free patterns with everyone, so I hope you'll use this one and enjoy it to the fullest!
I mean, really. How much do you adore these itty bitty cuties?
Crochet Heart Pattern
· - Any worsted weight yarn
· - Size H Crochet Hook (Use a smaller/larger hook to change the size of the heart)
· - Scissors
· - Yarn Needle
- Begin with a magic ring and ch 3.
- Complete 11 dc in the ring; pull the tail tightly to close the center of the ring.
- Ch 3 and join with a slip stitch in the ring.
- Ch 1 and sc in the next 3 stitches from the beginning ch 3; sc in the next 5 dc’s.
- Complete 3sc in the next dc (this forms the bottom point of the heart).
- Sc in the next 5 dc’s; sc in the next 3 stitches from the ending ch 3 of the previous round.
- Join with a slip stitch in the ring. Fasten off and weave in ends, pulling the front tail through the top center of the heart and into the back securely.
Stop at one or go ahead and make twenty! These hearts are the perfect embellishment for a number of projects and can be used in so many fun ways.
I've used them to jazz up crochet Java Jackets…
... to sweeten up Emma's Valentine's Day hat...
... and last year I hot glued them to alligator clips!
My next goal is to either string a bunch as garland or sew a huge one onto a shirt for Emma... but we'll see how the next few weeks go. ;)
How will you use these festive little cuties? I'd love to have you share your ideas in the comments section! Bring on the Valentine's Day inspiration!